Wednesday, December 22, 2004

Solo at Bernie's

I showed up early at Bernie's so I could sign up for an early slot. That was also advantageous because I could set my keyboards up ahead of time, while the house band was still setting up. As it was, I was the second to sign up. The house band played a few numbers, and then invited me to play two with them. One was I Know You Rider (Dead); I didn't recognize the other one, but it was a I-vi-IV-V, so I knew what to play anyway. The first act up was an acoustic guitarist who played (and sang) some very difficult sounding old stuff. I think the tunes he was doing were "rags", but I'm not really sure. Very entertaining. When it came my turn to play, I played Hymn 43 (Tull), I Talk to the Wind (King Crimson), Ramble on Rose (Dead), and Just Might Die (Loudon Wainwright III). Went ok, except that I was playing through the house PA and it didn't have the punch I am used to.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home