Wednesday, July 07, 2004

Checking out Black River Barn, Succasunna N.J. USA

Tuesdays aren't open mic night at the Barn, but I went down to check the place out. They had a DJ there who had brought his own sound system. He was set up in the end next to the pizza oven. I could tell that that was the only place in the room to set a band up, and it was going to be hot (as in temperature). Barmaid was not good. Let's say lousy. I had a bottle of Bud ($3), and for my second had a draft instead ($3). She opened a bottle even though I asked for a draft. Then she poured me a totally flat draft (end of the keg I guess), and ignored me. Meanwhile, the DJ was playing the third Eagles song in a row (Desperado: why do so many people like that song? It's only listenable when Johnny Cash sings it, and it's the singer, not the song.) I left as soon as possible.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home